This program from our catalog is not on our current schedule of courses. For additional information email email@example.com
Assess the financial impact of your decisions by better understanding financial analysis techniques. Use the information in financial statements to inform strategic decisions that will grow your business.
Make more informed decisions by asking the right questions in the first place. During this two-day immersion, participants will learn to better understand and analyze the information provided by the three primary financial statements: the income statement, the balance sheet, and the statement of cash flows. Participants will examine a well-known company’s annual report to identify and calculate relevant (industry specific) financial ratios and make decisions to increase sustainable enterprise value.
During hands-on exercises, participants will:
- Define and analyze financial ratios
- Discover the importance of industry “benchmarking”
- Calculate and examine compound average annual growth rate
- Understand how financial ratios work as capital structure and dividend policy “markers”
- Learn how these key markers ultimately help with risk definition and measurement
This program is designed for:
- General and functional business managers who want to enhance their financial acumen.
- Decision makers who want to use financial information and key financial ratios to make sound business decisions.
Dr. Ben Nunnally
Professsor of Finance Emeritus
Ben Nunnally is a Professor of Finance Emeritus at UNC Charlotte. He holds a Doctor of Business Administration degree from the University of Virginia. His practical experience includes employment at the BF Goodrich Company as a capital budgeting analyst. During his 30+ years at UNC Charlotte he consulted with many small and medium-sized businesses in the areas of company valuation and strategic planning.