The average score on a basic financial-literacy test given to managers ranging from supervisors to executives is only a 38%. Nearly two-thirds of managers also thought discounts offered by sales reps had no effect on gross margins. (HBR, October 2009)
A CUSTOM PROGRAM FOR NON-FINANCIAL MANAGERS
To achieve strategic objectives, leaders must have a comprehensive understanding of how the organization makes money, and how to link decisions and actions to the bottom line.
A tailored finance and accounting program allows organizations to:
- Establish a common language of the financials specific to their business and industry
- Prepare leaders to evaluate and communicate the financial performance of their department or company
- Advance funding for new ideas and demonstrate how they create value.
- Increase the quality and consistency of decision making
Who will benefit?
- Department managers to senior executives who have limited training or experience in F&A
- New leaders with financial and P&L responsibilities
- Developing leaders preparing for expanded decision making responsibilities
- Teams evaluating new initiatives or markets